Tuesday, January 11, 2011

soup soup soup

I made beef vegetable soup today with cornbread.

I love soup.

I can eat it any time of day.

Actually a little history on soup is that most places in the world usually have some type of soup, or soup broth for breakfast because it has most nutrients your body needs to start your day. A homeopathic doctor told me that.

Now it makes me want to eat soup more.

For the beef vegetable soup I first cooked 1/4 of white onion in equal parts olive oil and butter along with a little garlic salt. I usually use a clove of garlic but I got a little lazy. Then add your meat...chicken, beef, turkey, veal, duck, whatever you'd like. The only thing that changes is the broth flavor.

I used beef. I let it cook with the onions for about 10 minutes. I didn't let it cook all the way before I added the beef broth.
Let simmer while you cut your vegetables.

You can use any vegetable really, but I used carrots, celery, potato, and green beans. Cut them up and throw them in. you might need to add a little water to the broth and some spices when you add the veggies.

Let simmer for 1 hour, and tada! You just made delicious soup.

Recipe for Beef Vegetable soup:
1 package beef (I buy it already cut up)
1/4 of white onion
1/4 stick of butter
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 carrots, peeled and cut
3 handfuls of green beans cut in half
2 potatoes peeled and sliced
2 stalks celery cut
2 basil leaves cut up
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 can of beef broth
1 cup water

I will post a picture of the finished product. :)

Enjoy!
ps- for the cornbread I just used a box of jiffy cornbread mix. I usually add a little yogurt and a can of corn to the mix...but I didn't have those.

No comments:

Post a Comment