Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Change Change Change

Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. ~Pauline R. Kezer

Where are your roots at? How do you respond to change?

I must say, I don't respond to change as well as I would like to. I do occasionally dig my heels, stomp my foot, and cross my arms most of the time. But when I do those things, God cannot get to me. He cannot reach inside my heart and continue to mold and transform me. It is so easy to say that I let God lead my life, but in times of change and transition when I shut down, I am not giving him the chance to take a hold of my life and make it greater than I ever could on my own.

It is also hard in the midst of change to see the other side, the finish line, the end of the road as some would say. Because sometimes not all change is exciting. Some change is hard, and full of pain. But I often come to realize even in those times of immense pain and hardship that it is even harder when I don't lean on God. But once I uncross my arms and try not to stomp my feet, something inside me shifts. The change that I am experiencing gives me branches to stretch and grow and reach new heights. That transformation happens when I fully surrender myself to God, whether the change is good or bad.

The thing about God is He can take the bad and turn it into something good. When we let Him do what He does best, He transforms us and molds us in ways we could not even imagine.

I leave you with this: What are you struggling to give to God? In what ways are you not letting him rule your life? If there is change on the horizon are you stomping your foot and crossing your arms, or are your feet still and your arms stretched wide to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment