Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why

This past weekend I was at a retreat with some high school students in the Wisconsin Dells. It was so great to be able to spend time with them, challenge them, feed into them, pray with them, and love on them.

Time and time again I am always amazed that even though I went to serve, God served me.

I was talking with a student about her father and the struggle she is having with maintaining a healthy, Christ centered relationship with him.

I had laugh at how God brings people together, because earlier in the evening I was wrestling with God about that same struggle with my own dad.

If you have ever had an absent, abusive, non-healthy, sometimes even an ill parent, you know the effect it has on you, your heart, and your relationship with God and others. There are many different emotions that run through your body: anger, guilt, sadness, grief, numbness, and emptiness.

If you can relate, I am sure you have asked God why.
Why me?
Why now?
Why God, why aren't you intervening?
God if you love me, why are you putting me through this?
Why?

Joshua 1:9
Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Trust God.
Why Me? Because God wants to love you. He wants to pour His grace on you like rain. He wants to scoop you up and hold you close.
Why now? Because He can heal your pain, He can redeem the broken, He can bring peace.
Trust Him. I know life isn't easy, I know pain is hard. But let God heal your wounds and make you whole.

Why?
Because I did and He changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment