Sunday, April 10, 2011

geese, frogs, and sunshine

I am sitting in our screened in porch with the windows open, and all I hear are frogs chirping, geese honking, and trying to soak up the sun that is shining through.

I am just in awe of the blessings God has poured on my life. I have a phenomenal husband and everyday I am at a loss for words the gratitude and appreciation I have for him.

God has blessed me with the love of animals, and also blessed me with a fantastic horse named Clementine, and a very active dog named Laeci.

I am loved by friends and family. I have a job, a roof over my head, and food in my tummy.

Do you ever feel like something is missing? I think we all feel that at some point in our lives... Whether our job isn't fulfilling, our marriage is empty, our family isn't enough, or you can't make ends meet... What do you do when you are running out of fuel? How do you feel when there is a disconnect in your life?

For me, when I start to feel like that in any area of my life...I know I need God. I know I need Him to scoop me up and hold me close to him.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Give it to God. He will fulfill that missing piece. He will take the burden from you and carry it FOR you. I believe he reminds us of that in little ways like geese honking, frogs chirping, and letting us soak up the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment